The DEEPSEA has several changes from the original Sea-Dweller:
- As with the new Yacht-Master 2, it’s more heavily branded. The previous Sea-Dweller was notable for its restraint; this one adds the “ROLEX” repeated around the chapter ring, additional blurbs on top of the “ringlock”, and “DEEPSEA” above the center.
- As with the Anniversary Submariner and new GMT Master 2, the Sea-Dweller DEEPSEA gets the new “maxi-dial” which means that the hour markers are larger, and both the the minute hand and the hour hands are slightly wider.
- The crystal goes from flat thick sapphire to domed thick sapphire.
- New super-hard ceramic bezel with platinum-filled numbers.
- Much-improved ratcheting clasp that increases in 1.8mm increments.
- The caseback goes from flat stainless steel to a titanium/steel alloy.
- The new “Ringlock System”, which is a stainless steel ring under the crystal that absorbs some of the pressure.
- New blue-colored lume on the dial and bezel dot — very cool!.
- Larger case with slightly updating styling.
As before, it has a helium escape valve, which only matters if you do saturation diving. The movement is the same Swiss Clone 3135. The Sea-Dweller has always been one of their more desired models, and these updates certainly will make this model even more popular.